Making Movies Matter seeks to explore the potential of using movie-making as a methodology for actively involving young people in debating and understanding the fundamental social issues, turning youth from passive consumers to active creators in their own community. The aim with this tool is to explore the opportunities offered by movie-making for engaging a wider population of young people into an active discussion on the fundamental European values, local values and other social themes.
1. Various storytelling activities, so the participants can practice their storytelling skills.
2. Workshops to indroduce the participants to the basics of filmmaking: cinematography, editing, music, acting etc.
3. Thematic workshos related to the social issue that is being addressed
4. Facilitate the creation of a short story that young people would like to film.
5. Two days of filming, editing and finishing the short film.
6. Public screening and reflection.